1. It is important to arrive on time for class. Students arriving late are disruptive to the other students in the class. Students arriving more than 15 minutes late will be asked to watch the class.
2. Arrive at class with your correct attire for dance. This includes the following: leotard, tights, dance shoes, and hair up off of neck to enable learning. The dress code is posted in the lobby and on website for reference.
3. ONLY WATER: May be brought into classes. Please do not bring sugar drinks into the studio. Birthday treats may be passed out at the end of class.
4. No eating or drinking allowed in the studio or lobby area. This is for the safety and health of all students. Exceptions will be made for students with medical needs. We must be considerate of those who have food allergies. Peanuts are prohibited.
5. Dancers staying at the studio for more than 2 hours may obtain permission to eat at the studio. These individuals may eat at the table in the lobby.
6. Please watch your children. Parents are responsible for all damages their children cause (Running and wrestling in the hallway and lobby are strictly prohibited).
7. Parents and students must wait in the waiting room until class starts. Teachers will bring students out to lobby when class is over. If a parent is not in lobby when the class is released, those students will be brought back to the studio with the teacher.
8. Parents who are chronically late picking up their children will be charged $20.00 every 15 minutes that they are late. This is an industry standard. Please call the studio if you are running late so we can work together.
9. Please call the studio at (847) 487-4700 if your child will be missing a class or if you are going to be late or early in picking up your child from class.
10. Do not send your child to any dance with a communicable illness. Children not feeling well should remain at home until they are feeling healthy. Absent students may make-up the classes at a later date.
11. Label all personal property with permanent marker. This eliminates confusion for the teachers as well as the students who all have the same looking articles.
12. Parents with children in Premier 1-3 are expected to wait in the lobby while classes are taking place. This is to ensure that all students receive help in the restroom. Teachers and staff are not allowed to help any child in the bathroom. This is the responsibility of the parent.
13. Please use restroom prior to the start of class. This greatly reduces the amount of trips made to restroom during valuable class time.
14. Young students under the age of 6 should not be dropped off without an adult. These students need help in putting on their dance shoes and preparing for class. This makes the transition to the class easy and enjoyable for student , teacher and parent.
15. Please do not send toys into the studio with your dancer. This is a distraction for all students.
16. Please do not walk on studio floors with street shoes on. We want to maintain the integrity of the floors for dance technique.
17. Do not stand on furniture or benches. This is for the safety of all children. Children can be seriously injured from falling off of furniture.
18. Please do not allow young children to bang on the studio windows. This is dangerous and distracting to students in class. Observation time is for the parents to view the progress of their children.
Our rules exist to maintain our standards and to ensure the safety of all children who are on the Academy of Ballet property. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
The Academy of Ballet